"The class is relaxing - no pressure. Its so nice to be learning new things in that kind of environment, and we learn a lot" - Deane Zarkovich
Classes- Drawing in Color
Upcoming classes at Washtenaw Community College - Community Enrichment
Starting on May 2, 2017 for 8 weeks, 6:15 PM- 8:45 PM
Improve drawing techniques and stimulate creativity in this engaging class! Using professional-grade colored pencils, water-soluble colored pencils, graphite, pastels and other media, we will explore color theory and its application. A combination of demonstration, one-on-one guidance and individual studio time will help improve your technique and stimulate creativity. An optional class critique will be available. Register on the web or call 734-677-5060
I will be teaching techniques using water soluble colored pencil and other media in combination with standard colored pencils.
- Explore the possibilities of drawing in color.
- Learn new techniques and stimulate creativity through various imaginative projects.
- Demonstrations will be presented on how to create a successful composition and understand color theory.
- You will explore realism as well as abstraction.
Comments from student's evaluations:
- Thank you for wonderful and wondrous classes! You opened a whole new world to me that I shall explore and play in for the rest of my days. I had no idea and look forward to the discovery and amazements ahead of me! You have touched my core with your open sharing, kindness and generosity of spirit. Thank you! - Carolyn Roberts, PhD, RN
- "Barbara was such a fantastic instructor. She was always well prepared and her examples were very instructive. She is also a friendly, easy going person offering just the right amount of encouragement and critique. I hope to take this again, or any other classes she might offer" - Jane Santiago
- "Barbara is a fantastic instructor! She is knowledgeable, patient and willing to repeat or revisit every lesson to ensure everyone succeeds" - Jackie Varady